Activities You Can Do at Home
With these simple, fun activities you can do at home, you will help your child build literacy and language skills that will prepare them for school. All you need are a few simple items you have around the house or find outside! Check out these seasonal activities you can do anytime, anywhere:
VIDEOS WILL GO HERE
What Are Some Other Things YOU Can Do with Your Child?
- Talk to your baby/child to help them learn words from birth
- Make books part of your daily routine; set aside special time to read together!
- Play, sing, dance and exercise together!
- Encourage your child to talk, tell stories and ask questions
- Keep what your child enjoys reading around the house
- Visit your local library – free to join and access books, activities, movies and much more!
Benefits of Reading with Your Child in Their Early Years
- Provides comfort and reassurance
- Builds confidence, self-esteem and security
- Promotes relaxation, happiness and fun!
- Builds vocabulary
- Feeds imagination
- Improves sleep patterns
- Connects the words we say to the pictures on the page and to the world around them